December 1st!!!!

When I look out of my window, all I see is slushy white snow, remnants of yesterdays events. For some reason, it decided to snow in November (which is rare for the Northwest). I woke up to feel that my pillow was unnaturally cold. My dog had pushed his way under my covers and was shivering slightly. That was odd. I blinked and looked outside (for some weird reason, I do that every morning). Everything was white. I rubbed my eyes, sure that in my sleep heavy state I was imagining things, but no, there was truly snow on the ground! I almost shouted, but suppressed my noise quick enough, so it only came out as a strangled squeak. My sister is a very light sleeper, and upon hearing my squeak she woke up. She asked what was up, her back to the window. I told her, and she shot right up, "Are you serious?" We both got up and spent the rest of the morning dressing hurriedly and scarfing down breakfast. Then we pulled on boots, coats, and gloves, and ran outside. It was a lot of fun. We ran around in the woods behind our house for a while then headed back inside to make something hot to drink.
I really hope that more snow comes.
                                                                The next day.
I have run through all of my books, and I am now in a desperate state. I need more reading material. Hopefully I can go to the library soon. Oh! Never-mind, I just remembered that I have a small stack of historical books that were written and published in 1951. They're really a great format to read. Right now I'm reading about the real story of Pocahontas and Captain John Smith. I already knew most of it, but the books are giving me a bit more detail. It's cool.

I can't believe that it's December 1st. There's still snow from two days ago!  I wish it would rain, because it's cold enough that if it did rain, it would become snow.

Well, that's it for today folks. Until next time....
Toodlepip

Comments