Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tempis Fugit

Wow, it's Day 12 of War of the Words aka NaNoWriMo. And I'm doing pretty good (I think) in moral and word count. I won't be able to write a whole lot today (I don't think). I hope I can figure out a way to get my documents working. They kinda went haywire and stopped opening for the time being. Here's hoping that they start working again soon.

It's a lovely day today, wonderfully frigid and fall-ish. Bethany and I went for a run this morning (we've started to do it every other morning). It felt good in the cold.
We're having salmon chowder for dinner with sourdough rolls. Mmm, the perfect fall dinner.
I think that soup is my favorite fall meal, whether it be bean soup, tomato soup, or...anything soup. As long as it's hot and delicious, I will choose it over any other meal.

Tempis Fugit. Time flies. How true that is. I look back on events earlier this year, and I remember every detail. It doesn't seem like those things happened that long ago, but in fact it was months ago. And NaNoWriMo is 3 days from being halfway over. My brother will be eighteen in Dec., and my sister will be 16 next year. That's scary.

I'm on Chapter Two of Mango Languages: Scottish Gaelic.
I'm really glad that I decided to try it out. The words and pronunciations are so fun. Like, latha blah.
It's pronounced La Bla. And it means, a warm morning. Funny right?

My dad's grandmother (my great-grandmother) has a lot of odds and ends in her house. She shipped some of the little doodads she didn't want anymore to us. Some of them were bizarre, like a ceramic rooster in a chef's hat, a ceramic owl, and a couple other odd things, but there was something I thought was cool. A music box. It plays a pretty little classic melody, and has a red cardinal perched on the top of the small box.

My sister started a YouTube channel. It's about beauty and makeup and all that stuff that Bethany is into, but even though it might not be what you normally like, or maybe it is, check it out! Here's the link. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKDDasBQiZMojILwJtNL41w
She uploads once a week, and I am determined to make her a YouTube sensation. :) Join me in my quest to make Bethany Yackel a name that all in the makeup industry recognize.
Thank you.

Anyway, NaNoWriMo is calling my name.
Toodlepip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)