On Top of the World

Every year I am determined to be on top of Christmas shopping. So I start in July, watching and listening for wants, needs, and wishes, but as soon as a week goes by, I forget.
Then as December rolls around, I panic and scramble for gifts and ideas, but this year, this year is the first time I have ever been punctual and maybe even a bit ahead in getting the gifts. Go me! :)

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. To celebrate we went on a mini-hike to the Ice Caves. I have only felt on top of the world two times. The first time was at a beach in The Olympic National Park.  It was late, the sun was setting, casting a glow over the entire sky. We found a huge rock that had an abundance of sea anemone covering it, all in a florescent blue. We went to the edge of the rock that was over swirling and stormy grey water. The wind was unbelievable, you could let yourself fall back and the wind would hold you up. Then at the Ice Caves it was freezing but amazingly gorgeous. Parts of the ice were bright blue and as cold as...well, ice. We climbed up the mountain a tiny bit. Well, it was more of climbing the hill that puts you right beside the mountain, but it felt like I was on top of the world, a cold feeling surging through my lungs, the wind dancing through my hair. It was awesome.

Lately I've been drinking a lot of tea. Among these teas is a delicious kind called vanilla chai. It is magical. I am convinced that it is made from a unicorn's tears. Another tea that I found is a peach tea. It smells amazing, but doesn't taste as good. When I first tried it, I added some ginger. It was good enough, but the second time I made it, I didn't add anything, and it tasted like toothpaste - a really bad peach toothpaste. That wasn't fun to drink.

Anyway, my life is going good. Uh, I need to go write.
Toodlepip

P.S. I am so excited to start editing. I've never really edited a book before.

Comments

Popular Posts