Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Highlight of my Year

Ahh, this morning has been absolutely glorious! I first woke up at 6:00 and went back to bed, then I woke up at 7:00. Deciding that that was as good as I was going to get, I arose. Groggily stumbling down the stairs and making myself a steaming cup of lemon honey green tea, I sat down, letting my eyes adjust to the morning light and taking occasional scalding sips of my tea. I finally decided to drag myself up to my computer and write. I got half a chapter written before my stomach was protesting every word I typed. I ate a breakfast of peaches, bacon, and a raspberry blueberry muffin. It was yummy!
That was my great morning.

But another thing that made it so great was the weather. Whenever I looked out of the window, I saw a wall of fog blocking the trees and other houses from sight. I've always taken a special liking to fog. It seems so...evanescent, like it's here one moment, there the next, and then it's drifted away. Just a misty memory. Like I said, glorious.

Today we went to the library, and I was able to pick up a lot more books.

Ok, I've been saving the best for last. You know how I've been talking about The Blood of Olympus coming out soon, and me being very excited? Well, today is the day. It came out today. That's pretty cool. I've been waiting over a year for this book.
Now, here's the REALLY awesome part. Normally I have to wait a while to read a book that just came out - library request backups and all - but Ben came home and pulled that glorious book from behind his back. He had bought it for me. He went out of his way on his bus rout to go to Barnes and Nobles to buy this amazing book for me. He called it an early birthday present. I was speechless for a while.
Anyway, that was my highlight of the day...erm, week...nope, month?...Year. There we go.
Toodlepip

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that Ben bough that for you, I know how you love The Blood of Olympus! One of these days I'm going to take the time to read those books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was pretty cool.
      You should read them! I have to say that those books are my favorite series. No pressure though.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)