7 Journals

Ok, as NaNoWriMo approaches, I have become more dedicated to writing my current novel. And guess what?? GUESS WHAT???!!!
I finished it.
That's right. As soon as I wrote the last words, I did this weird pterodactyl screech and started doing my victory dance (I do have one). Oh man, I was...am, so excited! I've been working on this novel for about two years. It came from a character on Once Upon a Time. He..er, the character came to Story-brook and I started mulling over his past and his personality. And then I had this weird thinking process that ended with a novel! I am really pumped to start editing after November.

For as long as I can remember, I have been enamored by cool notebooks and journals. I would buy them, but then they would sit around unused. Well, for Christmas last year, I got a really nice, black leather journal, and I wanted to write in it! But I had never been able to keep a journal before, so why would I start then? I walked into my room and saw the desk covered with random notebooks and unused pages collecting dust, and I decided - I would start a journal.

It has been almost an entire year, and so far I have used 6 journals, full from cover to cover. It has now become a relaxing habit, to sit down at the end of the day and write my thoughts and my day in the small pages. Of course I'm always hesitant that someone will read it, but if worse comes to worse I can always burn it later on in life. :) I am in the middle of that 7th journal, the nice, black leather one from Christmas last year. I am about 1/5th of the way through.

One morning I got the idea to go for a run with Bethany. I asked her and she agreed to go. Normally I am an inside person, but I was feeling exceptionally adventuress. So we went for a jog/walk. It was hard, my lungs and...well, my body, isn't used to jogging for a long period of time. It felt like my lungs were on fire. That was on Mon.; we went again this morning, and it felt a little better than the first time. We ran practically the entire time. We ran a mile and a quarter. I hope we keep doing this.

NaNoWriMo is only three days away. We can start hyperventilating. I am really excited!!
I think I will be having a lot of reeeeally late nights.
Anyway, I have some other stuff to do.
Toodlepip




Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS EVANGELINE! You finished your first draft, that is so amazing!!! I can't wait to see what you've written after you start editing. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm super excited too, and I can't wait for everyone to read it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts