Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Gonna Go See A Movie

Yesterday my mom and I went to The Alexander and Elizabeth Tea House. The food was awesome, and the tea was delicious, but I never realized before how uncomfortable I am in nice places. After that we walked around Old Country Village a bit. We walked through some of the shops and just (as my mom would say it) toodled around. Then we went to Trader Joes and got a box of mini-ice cream sandwiches. The ice cream was made out of coconut milk, so it was kind of healthy. Then we ran to Costco to pick up some stuff that we needed, and one of the sample booths that they had was a blender thingamabobber. The salesman made us pineapple ice cream with spinach and kale. It was some of the best ice cream I've ever had.

Tonight, since Divergent is at the Crest Theater (it's really cheap there), we are going to see it. Yay!!! I read the book, so the movie will probably pale in comparison, but Ben and Bethany said it's REALLY good. We'll see how it goes.

I STILL haven't found a background that I am completely satisfied with. Until I do, I guess I'll keep trying out new ones and playing around with color schemes. That sounds like fun.

I just finished a book called Wonder. It was amazing, really sad, but amazing. It wasn't my typical fantasy book that I always like to read. I cried at one part of it because you really start to sympathize with this character. I would say that the author could have formatted it a bit better. Like at some parts I had to re-read them because the formatting was a little weird, but overall I really liked it. It gave a new perspective to the idea of kids with disabilities. That also goes for Anything But Typical. 
Anything But Typical had a better format, and I thought that you could understand what was going on a little better. While reading both books, I got a little teared up.

Speaking of books, I got The House of Hades from Amazon today. It was $15. That is 3 hours of weeding! Ouch...

I am watching the third episode of season 3 of Sherlock. And I can't believe that it's the last one for a long time. I don't know if I can stand it! I have become sucked into the fandom of craziness.

Oh, I have to get ready to go to the movie. That means grabbing a couple cans of soup and warming them up for the family.

Toodlepip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)