Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Marco, Mornings, and Mayhem

First off, WHEW!! A moment of rest. Yesterday was such a whirlwind. I presented a Mars Hill speech in speech and debate. It always reminds me that I'm a horrible speaker. For some unknown reason I get really nervous when I speak. Like, normally I don't have a problem talking to people, but if I'm presenting something then my hands start to shake, and I get really red...even though I'm not embarrassed or anything. It drives me nuts.

I have a debate tournament that I have to prepare for, well, it's a mini one. But still, I want to do well.
I have a debate partner, and we are up against Ben and his debate partner. So we'll win! :)

So I am reading this book, The Adventures and Discoveries of Marco Polo. It's really good, and it's from 1949. I have learned so much from it. It's not really "pleasure reading", but it's not forced reading. I don't know what you would call it. I found out that Christopher Columbus had a copy of one of Marco Polo's books, and it had his hand writing in it. It is still around to this very day.

I just found some new awesome names to use in a book! Ember and Adar. Adar means fire. I like that. Also, I really like the names Ren and Lana. They both mean water.
It's weird because my two favorite elements  are Fire and Water...complete opposites.

Also, I am not a morning person...
I feel like Anna in the morning, "Princess Anna?" *snoring* "Princes Anna!" *snortsnuffle* "Hmm?" "Sorry to wake you.." "No, no, you didn't wake me," *yawn* "I've been up for hours!" *snoring* "Princess Anna?' *snork* "Who is it?" "Uhh, still me."
Like I said, I'm not a morning person.

Uhg, I've had hardly any breakfast, so I'm really hungry!!
I'm going to make some oatmeal and then add some raisins and cinnamon. Mmm, so I shall go make that.

Toodlepip




2 comments:

  1. Have you seen Frozen yet, or did you just see that from a clip on YouTube or something?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)