My Last Day

Hello.
This is my last day in a comfortable bed and my own room. This is my last day in normalcy. The last couple days have been a blur of packing, hugging, crying, and goodbyes. It'll be hard tomorrow morning to take one last look at the walls of my room, to step into that car that is ordered to take me so far from home. But this is where my heart will always be. This is where my spirit will stay. When I look out a window, I won't see what's on the other side of that glass. I'll see my sister and mother laughing in the kitchen and my brother working hard at making something in the garage. So I leave you with a sad farewell. This is my last post. This is it.

Ok, being a little dramatic, but I have fun being dramatic. Just to clarify, I will only be gone for 3 days, and this is not my last post. In fact, this is only the beginning of many posting years to come.

We're going to my Aunt's and Uncle's house for the weekend, and I am nervous as to what will happen when we are at their house. See, they have a 7 yr old named Brooke and a 1 yr old Ryker.  I am horrible with kids, so I'm thinking the conversations will proabaly go something like this.
Ryker:...
Me:...
Ryker: Gagaga, oobblu.
Me: That's cool, so um, how are you doing?
Ryker:...aguba
Me: See, I don't have a translator. I have no idea what you're saying. Could you slow down and repeat it?"
Ryker: ALABUHUME
Me: You just said something different. Can you repeat what you said a second ago?
Ryker:...Blurban
Me:...Ok, that's cool. I'll just go get mom. She knows what to do with you.

Yup, I have no idea how to handle babies. I am not good with kids.

Anywho. I have a lot to pack. I am so particular about what I bring and stuff. I have to have my favorite pillow, Ipod, tons of books, and other odds and ends. Like I said, a lot to pack.

"Elsa? Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on let go and play. I never see you any more, come out the door, it's like you've gone awAY!!! We used to be best buddies, and now we're not. I wish you would tell me WHY!! Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't haveta be a snowman... Elsa: Go away Anna! Anna: Ok, byeee...."

I want to talk about the part of the song where Anna says "Hang in there Joan."
1. Joan of Arc. She is one of my favorite people in history. She went into battle when she was 14. 14!!! That's crazy.
2. It's a painting. And Anna says "Hang in there." So it's funny.

Good news. I've got my math done for a couple of days. I completed my arithmetic ahead of the education schedule set in motion by my parental unit. It felt really good.
Anywho, see ya. I will have a long post about my time when I get back. So you can look forward to that!

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. So long! Fare well! Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye!

    Hehe. Movie/song quote. Have a good time, and make sure you write a nice long post about everything that happens while your gone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I recognize that one! :D

    I will definitely give you all an earful of what happened!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)